Thursday, October 14, 2010

Obama

Personally I don’t know what all the fuss is about, it’s just because it made a couple bucks that AP now wants to take credit for it and it wasn’t even theirs to begin with! I think that Fairey manipulated the picture enough to get away with it, it was a great piece of art work and as one of the articles said Fairey’s work didn’t devalue Mannie’s photo if anything it brought up the value of the original. I think we have bigger fish to fry then worry about an inspirational piece of art would like “Hope”. What about BP they destroyed have the freaking ocean and we got people who are worried about who deserves credit on art unbelievable, I mean I know two wrongs don’t make a right, but seriously the original photograph was fine with the art and was actually flattered so leave it be. As far as fair rights go I think Fairey has it in the bag, and that’s probably why all charges were dropped.
AM

2 comments:

  1. I agree there is so much more to worry about in the world. I believe that if Mannie was find with Fairey's poster then why wasn't AP. The way I feel about companies like this is that if the photographer took the picture then they should have the rights to say how their picture is used. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But check out what some other artists say about Fairey and his art, this made me rethink my opinion that his use was fair; they say he's a plagiarist from way back: http://www.time.com/time/photoessays/street_art/14.html

    ReplyDelete