Friday, October 1, 2010
Creative Commons
This week we read What is Creative Common and even after reading it I'm still rather confused on exactly how this works and the legal end of it. I would never know how to use it, glad I dont plan on making, writing or singing anything anytime soon. From what I do understand I think it would be useful to artist and so on because they are creating their own rights on there work, and giving only as much as they want of it to the public to use. Copyright laws can be so confusing and people are constantly getting in trouble for misuse of others works. I have to admit I have downloaded music from sites that warn you the artist or what not have not given anyone the rights to their music.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I agree with you, this topic is very confusing but a good idea. I am happy I don't have to understand this in depth because I am not an artist in any way shape or form. The whole music thing still confuses me because some sites don't even say wether or not they have the artists permission. When you download free music where does it come from?
ReplyDeleteI agree with you too. I know that for a publishing artist this would be helpful, but I bet they don't even understand it all so they hire a team of lawyers to make sure they don't mess up.
ReplyDelete