Thursday, September 9, 2010

My thoughts

I'm not completely sure what I'm going to learn about in this class besides blogging and how to incorporate a couple devices with the computer, which will be great. Some things in this class will be second nature like blogging, I use facebook all the time and I used to have a Myspace page too. There is going to be others that drive me nut like how to get this headphone with mic. set to work, been trying for days and still can't figure it out. I hope to take a few things from this class that I can actually use in my everyday life, and learn a few things that just make it interesting. To be honest I'm pretty nervous on how this class will go considering its an online course and it has to do with learning more about computers and media, for example what do I do if I just can figure something out even with help from the teacher and my peers then what? what do you do? On top of this class I have two other classes and come to find out they all start and end on the same days of the week so this should make things a bit interesting and hard to follow ....I can handle it though I'm determined to do my very best and take something out of every class I take. I have taken a few classes online in the past but no more than two at a time, this is another new experience to see how much I can handle and how well I multitask. I'm looking forward to meeting my classmates and getting their opinions on things.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Annmarie, so sorry I missed commenting on your blog. I was multi-tasking, copying the URLs to the blog web page list for class and at the same time reading the first week blog and commenting...obviously I got yours on the list but didn't get to the commenting part. An oversight on my part, I apologize.

    As for taking 3 online classes...whew! My advice: make a schedule each week on Tuesday when you read what you have to do for each class. Plot out what days you'll do what work. This class requires you read and research Tues. and Weds., post your first comment to the Discussion usually by Thurs. and blog, write a short essay, and often do a project by the end of the week, plus add a few more comments to the discussion and/or or read some of your classmate's blogs. If you do a little each day you'll not get overwhelmed, but with three classes you'll have to incorporate all those assignments, reading, etc. too. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I have already found this to be overwhelming but I think I can handle it. I've been going through all the classes at the beginning of the week and copy and pasting there requirements so I can write on the word doc and copy and past it to the assignment as they are do...then delete it from the list so i have a visual on what needs to be done, but this is a task all in itself for sure.

    ReplyDelete